Terms & Conditions
Here is a non-binding summary of the legal text:
- We provide wiki-based hosting of websites
- We respect your privacy
- Please respect copyright and licenses of materials you are going to use
- Do not spam, we fight spam. Do not vandalize
- Some content is not allowed. See the prohibited usage list below
- Basic functionality is free; there are fees for useful upgrades
- Free sites cannot be used to place any advertising
- We can terminate any account and block any site if there is any improper activity
- We do our best to keep ICampuslite online and error-free but do not guarantee anything. Use at your own risk
Welcome to ICampuslite.com – ICampuslite hosting project that allows Users to build web sites ("ICampuslite.com"), collaboratively edit content and communicate ("Services") under these Terms of Service ("Terms").ICampuslite is head quartered in Texas, the US with an offshore development center at Vijayawada.
By using the Services by viewing or displaying or publishing ("posting") any text, files, images, music, photos, video, sounds or any other work ("Content") to any of the ICampuslite Sites or using any other feature provided by the Services, you agree to be bound by these Terms of Service and obey any applicable law.
When new Terms are published they apply immediately to all unregistered users of the Services. Registered users will be presented with the changes, and the option of accepting the new cancelling their account, at their next authenticated visit to the Services. If you are a registered user and you choose to continue to use the Services, you agree to be bound by the new Terms.
Content and Use
By using the ICampuslite Services you warrant that all the registration (and profile)
information you submit is accurate and you will maintain the accuracy of such information
and your use of Services does not violate any applicable law or regulation.
ICampuslite may delete Content that in sole judgment of ICampuslite violates these Terms. We however assume no responsibility for monitoring any of the ICampuslite Sites for inappropriate content nor review any Content before it is posted.
You as a ICampuslite User are solely responsible for the Content you post through any of the Services and any information or materials you transmit directly to other Users.
By becoming an Administrator of a ICampuslite Site (by creating a new ICampuslite Site or joining an existing one) you agree to control the Content posted to the site and assure the site is not being used against these Terms either by monitoring changes for improper use and acting accordingly or by setting strict permissions that allow content editing only to a limited number of users.
ICampuslite does not claim any copyrights to the Content you post to the Services.
However by posting any content through the Services to a public ICampuslite site,
you hereby grant to ICampuslite a limited non-exclusive, fully-paid, royalty-free,
sublicensable and worldwide license to use, modify, display and perform, reproduce
and distribute the Content solely on and through the Services. The license will
terminate at the time the Content is removed from the Services.
This right is required for proper and legal operation of the Services. The license does not allow us to do anything more that you would expect, e.g. it does not give us the right to distribute your Content outside ICampuslite Services or sell your content to anyone. Although we might reuse Content from public wikis in various places such as "featured content", we will not disclose any content from non-public (private) sites to unauthorized users.
ICampuslite Services contain Content that is protected by various licenses, copyrights and trademarks (ICampuslite Content). Wherever required, we grant you a limited, revocable and non-sub licensable license to reproduce and display ICampuslite Content solely for your personal use in connection with using the Services.
Prohibited Content and Usage
The following is a list of prohibited or illegal usage of the Services. We reserve the right to investigate and take appropriate actions against anyone (in our sole discretion) violates these rules, including removing offending content and terminating the ICampuslite Membership.
Prohibited usage includes but is not limited to uploading, posting or otherwise making available or promotes:
- Any Content that is unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, tortuous, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, libellous, invasive of another's privacy, hateful, harm minors or racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable, pornography and "adult content"
- Any Content that contains nudity, violence, pornography, "adult content" or contains links to Any other web site with such materials
- Any Information that you know is false or misleading
- Any Content that promotes illegal or fraudulent activities
- Any Content that you do not have a right to make publicly available or promotes the illegal use of any work without rights or license
- Any Content that infringes any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other proprietary rights of any party; in particular it is not allowed to upload Content that is not compatible with the particular Wiki Site content license
- Any "junk", "spam", "chain letters," "pyramid schemes" etc.
- Any material that contains software viruses, spyware, malware or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of Any computer software or hardware or other electronic equipment, steal or collect private information
- Any material that collects or contains personal information of other Users for any unlawful purpose or without the User's permission
- Any material that promotes pharmacy products (e.g. Viagra, Cialis) and encourage Users to visit online stores selling such products
- Any material that promotes financial products (such as loans, credit cards, bank accounts) and encourage Users to visit websites offering such products
- Any material that promote fraudulent services and misleads Users to visit legally doubtful websites
Other prohibited usage includes:
- Intentionally or unintentionally violating any applicable local, state, national or international law
- Collecting, storing or publishing available personal data about others without their acceptance
- Advertising to (or soliciting of) Users to buy or sell any product or services through direct communication provided by the Services without their prior consent; this includes sending spam, junk messages or chain letters to other Users via the Private Messages feature or any live connection
- Covering or obscuring any of the advertisement boxes or Toolbars via CSS style modification or any other technique
- Any automated use of the Services that is not officially available; this includes reading, posting or changing any Content, sending Messages and any other such use; this does not include RSS feeds access
- Interfering with any part of the Services, exploiting possible bugs or security holes
- Mislead Users by imitating any part of the Services for collecting personal data or other unlawful purpose
- Using an identity (account, username, password) of another User or disclosing your own username or password to any third party or permitting any third party to access your account
- Transferring your profile (includes selling) to any third party
- Promoting objectionable content through the created Sites (e.g. pharmacy products, financial products)
- Massively promote particular ICampuslite Sites on other sites and services (forums, blogs, news sites hosted by ICampuslite or other providers) for objectionable purposes (aka spamming)
Users can contact: support@ICampuslite.com to make sure that their intended use of ICampuslite does not violate the Terms.
You can use your Wiki for any legal commercial purpose including "business to business" and "business to consumer" types of websites.
To compensate costs of hosting free Sites, ICampuslite keeps exclusive right to use advertising space on web pages within free Sites. Users of free Sites are not allowed to place any other advertising to monetize their traffic, unless the Site is upgraded to any of the paid plans.
Fees and Upgrades
Basic use of Services is free of charge, but ICampuslite can charge Users for additional
features related to User account or Site. You acknowledge that ICampuslite reserves
the right to change the fees any time. You also acknowledge that if we terminate
your account because of violating these Terms you will not be entitled to the refund
of any unused portion of the fee.
By selecting a premium service you agree to pay ICampuslite the monthly or annual subscription fees indicated for that service. Payments will be charged on the day you sign up for a service (pre-paid) and will cover the use of that service for a specified period.
The current paid service offer is presented at http://www.icampuslite.com/plans. We reserve the right to change the pricing and plans. Especially we can change the prices to adjust to the changing currency exchange ratios.
For each purchase ICampuslite will issue a valid VAT invoice as directed by Council Directive 2001/115/EC of 20 December 2001 and applicable Polish tax law.
VAT tax of 23% is added to all purchases at ICampuslite for customers from European Union unless they qualify for reverse charge by providing a valid EU VAT ID, as directed by Council Directive 2006/112/EC and applicable Polish tax law. Customers that do qualify for reverse charge are responsible for accounting such purchases according to their national tax rules.
Customers from outside European Union are not charged VAT.
Falsification of information to evade payment of VAT may result in immediate service termination, fines and/or criminal prosecution.
Each of the ICampuslite Sites can choose individual license ("Site License") for
content (feature available only if allowed by subscription plans). By posting Content
to any of the ICampuslite Sites you agree to follow this Site License and make the
Content you author available under this license. If your content does not follow
the Site License it must be clearly stated.
You are not allowed to post, modify, distribute or reproduce any copyrighted material, trademarks or other proprietary information that belongs to others without having permission or appropriate license or if its license is incompatible with the Site License.
ICampuslite may terminate any User account and remove any unauthorized material from any the ICampuslite Site. We also reserve the right to remove any ICampuslite Site that repeatedly contains illegal materials.
If you believe your copyrighted work has been posted on any of the ICampuslite Sites without your permission and against the license under which it is distributed - please contact us via email: copyright@ICampuslite.com.
Termination and Blocking
ICampuslite reserves the right, without notice and in its sole discretion, to terminate
your license to use the Services and to block or prevent your access to and use
of the Service.
We also reserve the right to block any IP address from accessing or modifying any or all parts of the Service.
In addition any user or IP address (when acting anonymously) can be blocked by administrators of individual Sites preventing such a user from participating and changing the site and posting content.
We reserve the right to delete any that has been created for testing purposes only without any significant content, recent activity and with clear signs of being abandoned.
Users can also delete their ICampuslite accounts by themselves.
ICampuslite is not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate Content posted on
any of the ICampuslite Sites or through any other part of the Services. ICampuslite
is not responsible for links to other websites that may be contained in ICampuslite
Sites nor content of linked websites.
ICampuslite takes no responsibility of advertisements posted by third parties through the Service nor any items or services offered by the advertiser.
The Services are provided "AS IS". You are using ICampuslite Services at your own risk. Although we work hard to keep the Services online and working, we take no responsibility for possible errors, damages, lost Content, malfunction.
Except in those jurisdictions which do not allow the exclusion of certain warranties, ICampuslite expressly disclaims all warranties of any kind and shall not be liable for any damages or losses whether directly or indirectly related to your use of this site or its content.
This limitation of liability shall apply to the maximum extent permitted by law.
You agree to indemnify ICampuslite, its owners, employees, and users from any liability
relating to your use of the Services.
You agree that any legal dispute involving ICampuslite Services shall be governed by the laws of Texas and be subject to the jurisdiction of courts in Texas,US.